Paul McMahan wrote:
On Aug 20, 2007, at 3:43 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
+0, could we see the pros and cons ?

One "con" of moving trunk to sandbox, at least from an ASF-wide perspective, is that the annotation processing changes that Geronimo 2.0 relies on are currently only available in trunk. The development of this feature came about as the product of some excellent collaboration and cooperation between the Tomcat and Geronimo projects [1]. I would hate to slow down the progress we have made in that regard. Please take this into consideration as you decide upon the fate of trunk.

On that specific topic, I was thinking about maintaining a patchset. Regardless of what happens to the trunk branch, I don't think there will be a release based on this code anytime soon, and given the next specification is not too far away, I don't know if this new interface will be in a real release.

We'll see what happens.

Rémy