Beat Fluri wrote:
Hi,

As a member of the Software Engineering group of the University Zurich, Switzerland, I'm investigating the evolution of software systems. For this, I'd like to use Tomcat as a case study. Unfortunately, our tools are limited to CVS and not yet fully adapted to Subversion. Is there a possibility to get an old version of the former CVS repository of Tomcat? I would very appreciate to get Tomcat as a case study.

Think not. It has nothing to do with Tomcat but as ASF at large.
I'd suggest you upgrade your tool to SVN

Regards,
Mladen