Remy Maucherat wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
Yoav Shapira wrote:
Hey,

On 9/13/07, Andrew J Snodgrass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The attached patch adds support for the direct use of enums in the
attributes of tags.

Cool idea.  Is it in Bugzilla?
I agree, think it is very useful. Would you mind opening a bugzilla,
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Tomcat%206

Spec or not spec, Tomcat's goal is to be compliant with the JSP spec, not restricted by it. And this is a useful feature

There are a number of situations:
- adding flags to allow previous behaviors for unclear portions of the specification (which used pass the relevant TCK); I think this is acceptable - adding methods or altering the signature of the javax. APIs is clearly illegal
yes, that would not be spec compliant, that's essentially what spec compliant means, that we pass the signature test (which we haven't done for a couple of years, until the Geronimo guy submitted the patches)
Filip
- adding language constructs in JSP, elements in JCP DTDs or xsds is quite similar to that one, and I don't know if it's legal

Rémy