Jim Jagielski wrote:
Filip agreed that if it went against the specification then
the patch had no place being committed. In fact, I think
everyone did :)

If, however, the specification is moot, then the decision
on "how much to add in response to user or developer
desire" is, I think we all agree, a personal choice...
I can certainly see your PoV where each feature is
extra code to maintain and increases the footprint
of TC. I can also see Filip and Tim's PoV that extra
features that make users/developers happy are "worth"
it.

This adds ways to work around the specification. The reason for which most people used Tomcat in the first place, as I said, was "it was a component of the RI, which meant not too many spec breaking features, and that an app that ran on Tomcat was likely to run on the production server (which was rarely Tomcat)". Do you have evidence which shows otherwise ?

(Jim has this funny mental image of Remy and Filip
in those Samurai Fat Suits resolving their differing
PoVs :) )

Hmm, I don't think so :|

Rémy