Jim Jagielski wrote:

> So how about this... this is something that has been done, and
> is being done, in just about every ASF project. Why don't
> we vote on this and give it a time-table at which point we
> review how it's worked out over the last 3 months or so
> and fine-tune if and as needed?
>
> Once we agree this is a workable implementation, we can
> determine numbering aspects and initial code repo loads.

There's a confusing aspect; what if the new proposed process/policies
get dropping to a /dev/howitworks.html sort of document, and that
entire document is voted on?

It sounds (for the most part) that concensus is emerging anyways, so
it shouldn't be hard to start writing it down, and limiting discussion
to a couple of sentences of that doc that people want to discuss.