hi there everyone,
I'm new to the list.

I would like mod_jk to detect when the Tomcat JVM got into an OutOfMemoryException
so that mod_jk avoid to forward request to that Tomcat.

If I'm not wrong, it could happen that the mod_jk balancer forward a request to a JVM in such a state, since the mod_jk isn't able to recognize as crashed a Tomcat in OutOfMemory.

I would like to write a patch for the mod_jk to add such feature,
but I don't know the code at all,
could someone get me introduced to it?

Any suggestions? Mini how-to? Support?
I would appreciate them so much and I promise to try any attempt to add this feature, if I can figure out how things work in the mod_jk core and in its load_balancer.