On 10/17/07, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> to elaborate more for you, 6.0.x is our current 6.0 release branch.
> We are using RTC, Review-Then-Commit policy here, and introducing maven
> into a stable release branch like this, is probably not the best idea.
> What you should focus your proposal on, is our "trunk" that doesn't yet
> exist. Once we have a trunk, ideas and contributions get discussed and
> added there, then they can be suggested for a back port.
>
> At this moment, we don't have a trunk, but you can assume that there
> will be one

Indeed, I could see this transition becoming the proposed trunk,
provided it is actually practical for Tomcat and every developer
actually agreed upon the Maven migration or integration, which by
glancing at the posts seems it may be unlikely :)

Do you anticipate a trunk version, possibly with no further
modifications to backports?  If so, is there a 7.0/trunk release plan
that I somehow missed?