jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> I'm having problems with the cookie parsing
>>
> It is seems there are 2 problems... The version (only TCK will complain)
Haven't looked at this

> and we are re escaping already escaped strings.
The spec isn't 100% clear on who is responsible for escaping the values if
required.

<spec-quote section=SRV.16.1.1.1>
... The value can be anything the server chooses to send. ...
</spec-quote>
<spec-quote section=SRV.16.1.1.2>
setValue(String)
With Version 0 cookies, values should not contain white space, brackets,
parentheses, equals signs, commas, double quotes, slashes, question marks,
at signs, colons, and semicolons. Empty values may not behave the same way
on all browsers.
</spec-quote>

This suggests to me that the webapp writer can set what they like for a
version 1 cookie and it is the server's responsibility to escape it.