Mladen Turk wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:

But I'm open. If we remove the const, we also need to remove it for the log_fmt (got as compiler warning also there, but don't have the line number at hand).

Which would you prefer? Do you see a problem with the const, like wrong compiler optimization or so?

Yes, that's a problem. Something const should never be fed to a free.
I don't see a problem if we have an char[] for each of them and
simply do a strncpy instead having duality for the same thing.

The other solution is to have a char* and always call free.
When we need to assign const char* we call strdup("foo")

Regards,
Mladen