Hi all,

The next version of mod_jk is approaching its release. A code snapshot
(revision 605168) is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/

It is in the same format as a release download, so easy to build.
Under the same URL you can find the updated documentation.

It would be nice, if we could get some testing feedback from the
community. Feel free to post any observations.

Depending on your feedback we plan to tag the release at the end of the
week.

The most important changes are:

Features/Improvements
---------------------

- allow '*' for the worker name in exclusion rules
  (resp. JkUnMount) which will override all workers
- add new value "All" for JkMountCopy httpd directive
- enhance URI to worker map listing in status worker for Apache httpd.
  We now list maps for all virtual servers and not only the one,
  in which JKStatus itself was called.
- enhance URI to worker map listing.
  Update stale uriworkermap.properties immediately.
- remove trace logging from compiled code via new --disable-trace
  configure switch
- maintain idle connections in decreasing (LRU) slot order
- create JK_WORKER_ROUTE and JK_REQUEST_DURATION notes for httpd
  access log even if no JkRequestLogFormat is set
- cleanup init and destroy of server configuration for httpd
- remove global configuration items from per server configuration
- remove unused attributes secret_key and automount/JkAutoMount
- cleanup of jk_uri_worker_map
- some refactorings of jk_connect.c, jk_ajp_common.c, jk_lb_worker.c

Fixes
-----

- BZ 43229: Load balancer does not do fail over after reply timeouts.
- BZ 42038: Correct overlay of mounts and unmounts for IIS
- BZ 42003: Need to increase the maximum buffer size for HTTP
  header from 16k to 64k.
- BZ 43516: Memory leak for Apache httpd module of size 8KB
  for every virtual host without JK directive after each restart
- BZ 43873: Fix small memory leak occuring during httpd restart
- BZ 43647: Content-Type changes unexpectedly from text/html to
  text/pla (ingnore flush packets before we received the
  response headers)
- fixed crash during startup when using worker configuration
  inheritance (attribute "reference") and log level debug
- match header names exactly against pre defined constants
- repair detailed Apache httpd version display in jk status worker
- repair broken apxs auto-detection in configure
- correct parameter validation of JkStatusUpdateTask (jkstatus ant task)

Docs
----

- Small additions to JkShmFile documentation
- BZ 43684: Replace JkMountFile by JkMountFileReload in
  uriworkermap.properties docs

The full change log is available under:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/docs/miscellaneous/changelog.html

Thanks for your valuable time!