Sorry, I typed this before reading the other thread.

+1 for releasing this specific file.  If this vote doesn't pass, the
file has to be removed.

What we decide to do going forwards I leave to the native release
manager, and I have no preference in the matter.  Except of course we
have to comply with ASF rules ;)

--
Thanks,

Yoav