Peter Rossbach wrote:
Hi Mark,

it isn't true that we don't use commons-logging. Please check extra.xml ant build file!

-1

True, but that isn't what this section of the release nores is talking about. If you look at the entire RELEASE-NOTES file the section I removed commons-logging from starts with:

<quote>
Bundled APIs:
A standard installation of Tomcat 6.0 makes all of the following APIs available for use by web applications (by placing them in "lib"):
</quote>

We do not include commons-logging in the lib directory hence it isn't available for use by web applications. This is why the lib was removed from this section of the release notes.