Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
actually, IE only supports quoting of the value for v0 cookies.
honestly, I wasn't up for the backwards compatible fix, but since it turns out that most folks use v0 cookies with v1 values, this is an evil must.

without the below fix, every single JSESSIONID cookie will not work on IE.

That's not good.

I've looked at this again and the real problem is that maybeQuote2() may change the cookie version but we only check the return value when calling maybeQuote2() for the value. We need to check the return value every time we call maybeQuote2(). I have an alternative patch which I'll add to the status file.