Jim Jagielski schrieb:
This closes a long standing confusion on some code in apr_snprintf()
(and ap_snprintf() in apache-1.3). The comments indicate that the
apr_cvt() implementation was pulled from GNU libc. However, the
actual origin of the code is from UNIX V7 (at least... it is also
possible that this was derived/obtained from older BSD code, but
this requires more digging). In any case, the code itself is licensed
by Caldera under a BSD-ish license:

   http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Caldera-license.pdf

which makes it fine for us to use.

I have updated the source, LICENSE and NOTICE files to reflect
this fact.

PS: Even though I updated the files and am writing this Email,
    the actual investigation was done by myself and Joe Orton.
    Thanks Joe!

PPS: This is also applicable to the snprintf() impl in mod_jk,
     hence adding the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. This is because that
     was pulled from APR :)

Ported to our copy in mod_jk in revisions 653192

and 653193

Rainer