Hi,

I'd like to create a branch of connectors
for native component so it depends on the
new APR 1.3.x API
The new API offers some essential features targeted
explicitly for pool issues usage in
high level languages like Java.

So, my idea is to branch the current trunk
as connectors/branches/other/native/1.1.x
and continue development in trunk with
APR 1.3.x as minimum version required.
This would be 1.3.x version of tomcat-native
(to match the required APR version)

Any further 1.1.x release for Tomcat 6 would
in that case be released out of that branch.

Also inside tomcat/6.0.x branch
we have svn:external 'native' pointing to
connector:
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/connectors/trunk/jni/native

This would either be changed to point to that new branch or
get completely removed now when we have tomcat-native releases.

Comments?

Regards
--
^(TM)