+0

I kind of liked the functionality ( i.e. write a servlet and have it 'just
work', without web.xml ).
And the annotations have their own problems ( scanning all the classes ).

But to turn this around to my favorite subject - wouldn't be better to
exclude it from the
release ? Maybe this and the CGI servlets and few others could go into an
'extras' jar,
with stuff not required by the spec and not commonly used.

Costin