Henri Gomez schrieb:
>>> I should use  --enable-api-compatibility on Suse SLES 10 (where Apache
>>> is still 2.2.3) :
>>>
>>> ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2 --enable-api-compatibility
>> You don't need to, it's more the other way round:
>> If you build against a very recent 2.2.x httpd, then mod_jk will
>> activate some minor features, that are only available in those recent
>> 2.2.x versions. If you later try to run it inside 2.2.0-2.2.4 (something
>> like this), then yo will get a load error, because those older 2.2.x
>> versions don't have the needed symbols.
>
> I'm using 2.2.3 indeed (for build and run) and got the error at runtime ;(
>
> Server version: Apache/2.2.3
> Server built:   Mar 26 2008 12:23:18

Then you have a problem on your system resp. with your distribution,
namely the header files against which you compile do belong to a more
recent version of httpd than 2.2.3.

There is an include file ap_mmn.h on the system which contains defines
for MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR and MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR. For httpd
2.2.x the MAJOR is always 20051115, but the MINOR is interesting. For
2.2.3 it should be 3, but I would expect on your system it will be at
least 4.

The location of the file ap_mmn.h should be contained in the result of

/usr/sbin/apxs2 -q INCLUDEDIR

Regards,

Rainer