Mladen Turk wrote:
sebb wrote:
I happened to spot the following in ssl.c:

static int jbs_gets(BIO *b, char *out, int outl)
int l = (int)strlen(J2S(o));
if (l < outl) {
    strcpy(out, J2S(o));
    ret = outl;
}
return ret;

It looks a bit odd to me - I would have expected it to return l rather
than outl.

However, I've no idea what the function API is supposed to be - and
the caller can use strlen(out) to find l -  so I'm probably wrong.

You are probably right, but the entire BIO code
isn't used anywhere. It was something we
(Jean-Frederic I think) experimented at the
beginning.

Yep.... It seems the correct code is
ret = l;
(See http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/BIO_read.html#)