Hi Filip,

> Are you sure that is all you see in your logs. We try to not swallow any
> error, and there should be more information.

Yes you were correct,

root cause

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.checkOpen(ConnectionJDBC2.java:1634)
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.prepareStatement(ConnectionJDBC2.java:2328)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor91.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ProxyConnection.invoke(ProxyConnection.java:78)
$Proxy1.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
com.thehut.tabernus.service.SiteService.postPopulateBean(SiteService.java:75)

So it seems that the connection has been closed before the method is invoked

Kev