"Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org> wrote in message
news:001b01c97648$96a9e7d0$c3fdb7...@org...
>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bode...@apache.org]
>>
>> On 2009-01-14, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I hope to get DBCP patched this week.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I'm glad you are pushing for it.
>>
>> > If that works, it should be possible to start the process of moving
>> > gump to a 1.6 JVM.
>>
>> Yes, commons-dbcp really is the major problem and I'll be glad to move
>> vmgump to jdk 1.6 as soon as I see it building on gump.zones.ao .
>
> The patch is committing as I type. I'll be watching gump.zones.ao with
> bated
> breath.

Well, tomcat-trunk has built on gump.zones.a.o :).  I've fixed the metadata
for the 5.5 run so that it can use Generics in the build.  I can hack the
6.0 metadata so that it builds on Java 6 (but not currently nagging).  The
patch to the trunk version of build.xml that removed the Java 6 check can't
be cleanly back-ported to 6.0, so it would need a new patch for a proposal
if 6.0 is going to use the new version of DBCP.  Which is basically my
question:  What version of DBCP should we use for 6.0?