On 21.03.2009 20:09, Michael B Allen wrote:
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Rainer Jung<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>  wrote:
On 21.03.2009 14:12, Mladen Turk wrote:
I should read the entire logic before posting.
I missed it's an env var.

Sorry for the noise ;)
No problem at all. Better safe than sorry.

I just committed a change to TC trunk and backport proposals to pick up the
REMOTE_PORT env var for request.getRemotePort().

So we might think about forwarding REMOTE_PORT by default in JK 1.2.29.

Hi Rainer,

So does this mean that request.getRemotePort() will Just Work (TM) at
some point in the future?

Marketing Answer: Yes.

Technical Answer:

- if my changes to Tomcat trunk get enough backport votes for TC 6 or TC 5.5

and

- if we finally really forward REMOTE_PORT by default (and not optionally as it is now) with mod_jk

and

- you will be using the recent versions of mod_jk and Tomcat

then: it will just work.

Concerning mod_jk I added it to the TODO list. If we don't find any technical reason (like security) why adding REMOTE_PORT to the list of forwarded data is a bad idea, I'm confident, that it will become part of 1.2.29 :)

Regards,

Rainer