Hi Again,

In the near term absence of getRemotePort, I am struggling to
determine a method for storing and retrieving per-connection state.

Can anyone recommend another method for acquiring a unique connection
identifier? I would be satisfied with a platform specific method at
this point.

Just to be clear as to why this is necessary, NTLMSSP is a three
request "handshake". So if you have a frameset with 5 frames, IE will
create 5 separate connections but will use the same session ID. So I
cannot simply store the state of the authentication in the session
because the multiple simultaneous authentication requests will
incorrectly read or overwrite that state and cause strange concurrency
errors. I need to store the authentication state in the session using
a unique connection ID (normally getRemoteAddr+getRemotePort) to keep
the simultaneous authentication requests straight.

Any ideas?

Is there a mod_jk or Tomcat specific feature that would allow me to
get the socket file descriptor value, or port, or unique ID through
HttpServletRequest.getAttribute()?

Mike

--
Michael B Allen