On 25.03.2009 17:13, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
If there's a desire to move ahead with a new connector at the tomcat
project, and the branch/release approach is planned to yield stable
code that will improve from release to release, why even retain the
association to 'jk'? It seems it would benefit the effort if stable
code was released with a new module name that could grow to become
trustworthy in user's/adopter's minds.

Maybe I misunderstand your suggestion. But judging from my interaction with the users community either on the list or during my consulting job, mod_jk is used quite often and has a positive adoption.

So in my opinion the name is an asset for the project, and since I don't intend to do the big next thing, and instead want to improve incrementaly like we did during the last 28 releases (but using a new 1.3.x versions) I see no reason to switch to yet another name.

Regards,

Rainer