On 16/06/2009, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>  > The candidates source tarball and derived binaries are available here:
>  > http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/apache-tomcat-4.1.40/
>  >
>  > According to the release process, the 4.0.40 tag is:
>  > [ ] Broken
>  > [ ] Alpha
>  > [ ] Beta
>  > [ ] Stable
>

> There were enough issues to re-roll the release. For the record, I tried
>  and failed on several machines to recreate the problem sebb saw so I can
>  only assume it was a local JVM issue.

I've just realised that it might be due to trying to install without
Admin privileges; I'll try another install shortly.

There's another issue I forgot to mention - the file
RELEASE-NOTES-4.1.txt is buried in the container directory; it would
be better if it were at the top-level.

>  I'll re-tag shortly and send out a new vote once the files are all in place.

If you create a 4.1.20-RCn tag, you can keep going until the release
passes, and then create the GA tag from whatever passes.