On 12/08/09 15:18, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2009/8/4 Mladen Turk<mt...@apache.org>:
Hi,

JK connector uses the request.secret attribute for setting the
AJP secret property. However APR connector and Ajp connector
use the requiredSecret instead. This of course (first problem is
that it's nowhere documented) makes problems cause it requires to
have separate directives depending on the connector.

Since attributes having dot in the name cannot be parsed using
standard xml property getter I propose we add the same property
to the JK connector and deprecate old dot name (request.secret)

Comments?

Regards
--
^TM

1. I do not see "requiredSecret" in documentation. Thus the problem is
that it is not documented.

Already said that ;)

2. There are quite a lot of properties that use a dot in their name. See here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html
(Index>  Configuration Reference>  AJP , />  HTTP )

Other option is to use required.secret instead requiredSecret
Much easier because requiredSecret isn't document, so one
can only find it browsing the source code.

However dunno how to make it using current property set/get methods

Regards
--
^TM