2009/10/4 Rainer Jung:
> b) filtering apr.properties and improving
> the manifest

A simple question: if you do filter apr.properties, what value you'll
put there, and on what grounds?
[cite of apr.properties]
tcn.info=Tomcat Native/@VERSION@
[/cite]

That value cannot be 1.1.something, because these sources are not on
/tomcat/native/branches/1.1.x/

Regarding this question:
> leveraging the existing targets in jni build.xml instead
> of duplicating the effort in the main build.xml

If jni build.xml is a copy of one in /tomcat/native/branches/1.1.x/, I
would prefer to ignore it (and not use when building TC5.5 release),
treating it as some legacy. Maybe even +1 to remove it, to lessen
confusion.

Regarding the future:
I do not know, whether it is hard, and how interdependencies are, but
maybe we can build and distribute  "tomcat-apr.jar"  as a part of the
TC-Native release?

And use the same pre-built jar for TC 5.5, 6.0 and 7.0 releases.

Is it an optional jar, that can be removed by ones that do not have
the native dll/so installed?

(In TC 6.0 those classes are in tomcat-coyote.jar now).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko