On 09/01/2010, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/4 Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi, all!
>  >
>  > I removed the libtcnative-1.dll files of Tomcat Native 1.1.18 from
>  > www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.18/binaries
>  >

> 5 days passed, and the current status is the following:
>
>  a) the libtcnative-1.dll files are still present at
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.18/binaries/win32/
>
>  b) they are absent at mirrors
>
>  c) they are absent at archive.apache.org
>

>  Reading the manual,
>  http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html
>  I should say that the host where I removed the files 5 days ago was p.a.o.
>
>  It looks like they have to be removed from www.apache.org directly.
>

>  I noticed one glitch with the archive.apache.org site:
>  In the binaries folder the README.html file, that mentions the APR and
>  OpenSSL versions that were used to build the binaries is neither
>  displayed on the page like on www.apache.org, nor listed among the
>  files. [1]
>
>  [1]
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.18/binaries/win32/
>
>  Though it is readable if I access it directly [2], so it is present there.
>
>  [2]
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.18/binaries/win32/README.html
>
>  Looks like some misconfiguration at archive.apache.org.

The same applies to the top level directory:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/

Neither HEADER.html nor README.html appear in the listing, nor do they
appear as header and footer in the index page.

I suspect this is deliberate - the above-mentioned HEADER says:

"Apache Software Foundation Distribution Directory"

which is not correct for the archive site.
Likewise, displaying other footers/headers might confuse people.