I am -1.

IMHO JIRA can do a better job then status file.
The questions you've raised actually show how
hard it is to get something out of status.
It's a mixture of hundreds of commit messages,
references to other commit messages, p.a.o
files that no longer exist, and so on.

At the end it's not about technical aspect, but
about additional hassle required to adapt to
another technology.
This is perfectly fine and understandable.
All I'm trying to do is to get some data out
of the hard work we are already doing with maintaining
the status file.

I was actually hoping that you and Mark would be
the last persons objecting to that given the amount
of status entries you are pushing trough, but it
seems that this obviously works fine for you guys :)

I find the status file as a real PITA, and I'm
buying a beer (plural :) to the one that can
come up with the idea how to make it easier to
work with.

Regards
--
^TM