While experimenting with clearing threadlocal in afterExecute, I found out that
tomcat itself use ThreadLocal in hope of  improving performance :
- org.apache.catalina.util.DateTool
- org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve
- org.apache.tomcat.util.http.ServerCookie
- ...

this is mainly to cache Date formatter or parsers...

Sylvain