On 15/07/2010 15:16, Tim Funk wrote:
-0

Since the host name should be a valid dns name(ok it doesn't need to be
a valid dns name if <Alias> is used), choosing a default which doesn't
have a valid dns name may cause woes.

If it does need to be a valid dns name then localhost absolutely makes sense. Where is that requirement coming from? I can think of anywhere off the top of my head.

Mark

But if someone came up with a fantastic alternate default name, then I
could be swayed.

-Tim