2010/8/7 Brock Noland<bro...@gmail.com>:

1. This is a question for the users@ list, not dev@, because it is not
about improving Tomcat, but about running your webapp.

But it could be.

2. Tomcat Native library is loaded by
org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
class, if it is present in server.xml. You can look at the sources,
but there is nothing special.

3. You must read this doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

In essence, you have to put your jar in ${catalina.base}\lib  and at
the same time _remove_ it from your webapp. The result will be that it
will be loaded by the Common classloader.

For a long time I'm trying to solve the upper problems.
It would break (well extend) the servlet spec if we offer
to webapps that we do that automatically for them.
That way user would just provide a standard .war telling
what part of the webapp should be loaded by parent class loader
(making that singleton for the server lifetime of course)

On redeployment those resources won't be redeployed
until the full server restart.

Regards
--
^TM