On 10/26/2010 01:29 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

Since you are the first one that figured that out
after more then 8 months, it just convinces me that
we should drop IA64 binaries altogether.
At least I don't plan to produce them any more

Fine with me. That will mean a updates to the build scripts, Windows
installer etc as well.

It would mean dropping IA64 target.
Note that source code support is still there.
It will compile and build happily but IMHO x86, and x86_64
targets is all we should provide.

During all the years I was building IA64 binaries
I can recollect only one question about it, an that one
was more out of curiosity.

Sure there might be some silent use we are not aware of,
but the UFO's are flying all over our heads as well :)

I'm working on the Windows installer at the moment. I'll add this to my
todo list (pity it doesn't make what I am trying to do any easier)

I can drop that target if you don't have a time.
Deleting two <copy> and one <download> should be sufficient
(or just commenting them out)

We can always add them back if Itanium suddenly becomes
very popular (which I somehow doubt it'll ever happen :)

Regards
--
^TM