On 26.10.2010 08:36, Pid wrote:
Hi,

Is it me, or is the Tomcat site experiencing some problems?
It seems very slow to respond, on some occasions is timing out before
page load.

It was OK some hours ago, but mostly offline again now. I managed to get a server-status page and the web server is filled with requests it tries to serve but can't fast enough. No idea whether the way back to the clients is slow, or the retrieving the download files. The URL mix is very varied, so I guess it's a problem on the web server itself or the way back to the browser. There is a Yahoo robot crawling Tomcat downloads, but though it is the most often listed client it is only about 50 parallel requests out of about 1000 active ones. Note that all project web servers are just vhosts on www.apache.org. The server status is at

www.apache.org/server-status

(or tomcat.apache.org/server-status, that's the same).

The monitoring page

http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

contains the issue, so I expaect infra knows about it. Infrabot doesn't yet contain any info though:

http://twitter.com/infrabot

Regards,

Rainer