This might cause a problem of using == instead of equals() for strcmp

if (version == (request.getContext().getWebappVersion())) {
    mapRequired = false;
}

When running mod_jk with sticky session, but not using tomcat clustering ... Will adding a new version append the version number to the end of the session cookie AFTER the engineId (used by mod_jk for determining where to route the request)

Since the session id tomcat generates is always all uppercase. Should the 'V' for the append be a lower case v? Even though session id collision is *rare*, but using a char that isn't in the session id name space would eliminate that problem.

Otherwise +1. For those who are uninterested in the feature, it appears the extra overhead is minimal. (Some micro benchmarks would be nice for any skeptics ... or those just curious :) )

-Tim