On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 19:59 +0000, ma...@apache.org wrote:
> Author: markt
> Date: Thu Nov 18 19:59:11 2010
> New Revision: 1036595

> Log:
> Fix expiration statistics broken by r1036281
> Add session creation and expiration rate statistics based on the 100 most
> recently created/expired sessions
> Modify average session alive time to also use 100 most recently expired
> sessions
> Update benchmarks - new statistics add overhead but not significant in
> overall processing chain

But going back to the original optimization work, I still don't quite
understand. As Tim pointed out, the MD5 hash is probably bad, and
SecureRandom is already internally thread safe. So the simplest
refactoring (remove the hash and the synchroinized block) was not
tested. Is it really a big enough bottleneck which would need the more
complex plumbing to parallelize ?

Rémy