On 24.11.2010 19:52, Mark Thomas wrote:
The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.5 release is now available for voting.

It can be obtained from:
http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/tomcat-7/v7.0.5/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_5/

As with previous votes, I have included a stable option below although
my personal inclination is still to vote beta.

The proposed 7.0.5 release is:

[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 7.0.5 Alpha
[X] Beta   - go ahead and release as 7.0.5 Beta
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.5 Stable

Sorry, 7 minutes over time :)

- Checksums and Signatures OK

- Identity between Unix and Windows files and subversion fine
  (Exceptions: modules in svn tag, two files with EOL issues, but
   no functional problem; fixed in svn)

- Binary download runs fine on Solaris

- Source download runs the following ant targets:
  - default: OK
- javadoc: OK, only very few Javadoc errors in HTMLManagerServlet and HostConfig
  - extras: OK (did not work with 7.0.4, now good)
- test: OK; some exceptions, but all tests pass with 0 errors and failures; only exception see below.
  - release

- one test failed because it was to slow:

Testsuite: org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.TestMapper
Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.784 sec

Testcase: testAddHost took 0.052 sec
Testcase: testMap took 0.024 sec
Testcase: testPerformance took 3.689 sec
        FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.TestMapper.testPerformance(TestMapper.java:153)

It took 3.7 seconds, allowed are only 3 seconds.

Thanks for pushing TC 7! i hope we get another vote to be able to release.

Rainer