On 12/03/2010 06:58 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

Think that single eg. EndpointState enum will cover all the
states during start(),pause(),resume(),stop() replacing multiple
booleans (at least running and paused) with a single enum.

WDTYT?

What we really need is the Lifecycle stuff that is in Catalina. We can't
use that directly since that would create a dependency from the
connectors to Catalina.

A bit complex to do initially, but might offer more
fine grained lifecycle management.

Regardless of the above, I think the answer to bug 50360 is a bindOnInit
property.
If true, socket is bound on init() and released on destroy()
If false, socket is bound on start() and released on stop()

Question is, should the default be true (as current, works for jsvc,
issues when embedding) or false (change from current, breaks jsvc, works
when embedding). I'm leaning towards a default of true.

Well, breaking default means regression.
If started via Bootstrap default should be bindOnInit=true
50360 doesn't use Bootstrap, so default can be false, and
Bootstrap can set it to true.

Regards
--
^TM