On 07/12/2010 17:49, Sylvain Laurent wrote:

> On 7 déc. 2010, at 09:41, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>>

>> Just in case Mark's remark a) wasn't clear: after building Tomcat
>> you can debug inside the sub directory output/build which contains
>> a full installation.
>
> I had understood Mark, but it's not practical for debugging... I
> prefer to debug tomcat within eclipse and use the classes compiled by
> eclipse. I'll just ignore the work and log directories when
> committing changes. Though if we could ignore them that would be
> nice...

Debugging that way isn't something I would want to do or recommend that
others do but if it works for you, lets not make your life difficult. My
previous veto was due to:
a) I thought it was bad practice (too easy to commit local changes to
config files, too easy to include local changes in a release build) and
b) because it reverted a change I needed.

I won't object to adding the ignores you need providing that build.xml
is updated to ensure that they are also ignored as part of any build. A
quick glance shows temp, work and logs should be OK but
conf/<enginename> will need a change or two to ensure it is ignored.