2010/12/8  <ma...@apache.org>:
> Author: markt
> Date: Wed Dec  8 01:14:43 2010
> New Revision: 1043265

> Log:
> Remove unused code.
> Make spacing consistent.
>
> Modified:
>    tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/Globals.java
>
> Modified: tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/Globals.java
>

>     /**
> -     * The servlet context attribute under which we store the class loader
> -     * used for loading servlets (as an object of type
> java.lang.ClassLoader).
> -     */
> -    public static final String CLASS_LOADER_ATTR =
> -        "org.apache.catalina.classloader";
> -

OK, cannot find any use of this string.

>     /**
> -     * The servlet context attribute under which we record the set of
> -     * welcome files (as an object of type String[]) for this application.
> -     */
> -    public static final String WELCOME_FILES_ATTR =
> -        "org.apache.catalina.WELCOME_FILES";
> -

StandardContext.postWelcomeFiles() uses this name to publish welcome
files "so that the default servlet can find them", but I do not see
any use of this anywhere else.  That is, the default servlet does not
use this.

I see two ways:
a) remove this feature (remove setting the attribute from that
StandardContext method),
b) revert deletion of this constant, and use it in StandardContext.

I am OK with a)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko