On 16/08/2011 08:39, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hello,
> So it looks the ip clearance has passed.

Great news.

> Perso, I'd like to maintain/improve the Tomcat Maven plugin in the
> tomcat community.
> Probably Mark too ?

Yep.

> The current feature I have in mind is supporting tomcat7.
>
> How do we move forward now ?

We need to move the code, the issue tracking and the mailing lists to
the ASF and close down the old project (make it read only, add pointers
to the ASF).

I can help with some of this.

The questions that spring to mind are:
1. Where in svn should the plug-in live?
   /tomcat/trunk/modules/maven-plugin ?

2. a) Do we import history as well as the current code?
   b) If yes, how do we can a complete export for infra to import?

3. a) Do we import all issues as well as currently open ones?
   b) What issue tracker is currently used?
   c) What issue tracker do we want to use (Tomcat uses Bugzilla)?

4. How do we want to organise things on the web-site? A new modules section?

5. How do we want to distribute this? As a separate component or bundled
as part of a Tomcat release?

6. Do we have a separate dev and/or users mailing list for this?

7. How do we make the existing project read-only?

8. Whatever I have forgotten above.