On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 13:59, Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Looks ok ... a few comments.
>
> RemoteCIDRFilter (most of the below apply to the valve too)
>
> setAllow = If nothing passed  - This should clear allow
> setAllow = If a bad "allow" is passed - throw exception. I'd think throwing
> an IllegalArgumentException is OK so no catch is needed. Depending on when
> this is called ... throwing an UnavailableException might cause enough
> disruption to disable the webapp too. (depending on the exception
> propagation)
>
> setAllow,setDeny - Should all the netmasks be verified before before
> internal allow/deny is updated? If can be possible that only some masks are
> applied before exception is thrown. Which causes a partial mask to be
> working. Of course ... if the exception is thrown and the webapp is
> disabled... this might not be an issue.
>
> setAllow,setDeny - call clear() before adding new values. With
> embdedding,JMX etc - these can be called multiple times with different
> values post startup.
>
> getAllow/getDeny - Needs tweaked since most would assume the output of
> getAllow() can be used to do setAllow(). By using List.toString() - [] would
> be added.

Yes, I was kind of wondering whether the .get*() methods required
symmetry with .put*(). So, this is one of my questions answered.

Along with the question of why Remote{Host,Addr}Filter cleared allow
and deny before assigning them...

I'll rework this part, along with exception handling.

Thanks for the comments,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgalie...@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'