On 16 December 2011 23:45, Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> There are currently two options for publishing JARs to Maven Central:
>> 1. scp+rsync via people.a.o
>> 2. Nexus
>
> I don't have a strong preference between them.  Is there a difference
> between the two approaches in how fast the JARs are available for
> download?

AFAIK it's the same.
AIUI the artifacts are still deployed to the same distribution area.
Nexus copies them across when the RM releases the staging repo, rather
than the RM doing the copy directly.

BTW, Nexus takes care of maintaining the Maven metadata.
It also checks that the signature is valid and uses a public key (I
think this is done on Close)
I think it also creates hashes if required.

See http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html and
linked docs for some more info on Nexus.