On 17/12/2011 21:12, David Jencks wrote:
> I'll try to keep it short because I really don't want to spend time
> re-beating this dead horse.
>
> The last time I looked a couple years ago the jars constructed out of
> the single source tree could not be compiled separately in any order.
> I was told this wasn't a problem, at which point I realized
> discussion was useless.

I just did a check with JarAnalyzer and we still have circular
dependency issues with catalina.jar, catalina-ha.jar and catalina-tribes.jar

I haven't looked in the archives for the previous discussion and I can't
remember what my views were then - probably completely opposite to now :).

I wouldn't class it as a problem (I am happy to live with this) but I'm
happy to take a look to see if there is an easy fix and apply the fix in
that case.

> Maven prevents problems like this through the project structure.  If
> this situation is not a problem to the tomcat community,  then the
> other possible benefits of using maven are not likely to be
> interesting either.

The dependencies we really care about are monitored via Checkstyle. If I
fix the above issue, I'll add some additional checks so we don't
recreate the issue.

Mark