Hello  Christopher,
*
Thank you for the reply! Yes, link
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html is for version 5.5
but we are migrating from version 6 (sorry for the confusion) but the
configuration above was valid for version 6

 <Connector port="${AJP.PORT}"
            handler.list="mx"
            mx.enabled="true"
            mx.httpHost="${JMX.HOST}"
            mx.httpPort="${JMX.PORT}"
            protocol="AJP/1.3" />

*
*
and gave us opportunity to manage JMX beans using  http://
${JMX.HOST}:${JMX.PORT} (please see
http://logback.qos.ch/manual/images/chapters/jmxConfigurator/mx4j_jetty.gif
)
In version 7 I couldn't see any possibility to do it.
I've noticed that in Connector class of version 6
if ("AJP/1.3".equals(protocol)) {
                setProtocolHandlerClassName
                    ("org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler");

org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler used JkMain which used JkMX where
HttpAdapter from mx4j-tool.jar was used.

but in version 7
else if ("AJP/1.3".equals(protocol)) {
                setProtocolHandlerClassName
                    ("org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol");

So do we have possibility to manage JMX beans in version 7 as we could in
version 6? (please see
http://logback.qos.ch/manual/images/chapters/jmxConfigurator/mx4j_jetty.gif
 )