On 17.06.2012 22:08, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 16/06/2012 10:04, Rainer Jung wrote:
Most noteable observation: File conf/web.xml now is open 9 times in
parallel (9 file descriptors), was 4 times in 7.0.27.

I see 9 open file handle in Windows but this drops to zero once I force
a full GC. On this basis, I'm not concerned but it would be good if you
could confirm the same behaviour.

Confirmed, closed after full GC, so likely a Finalizer run. Nothing to worry.

I suspect my getResourceAsStream() changes might be responsible for
this. I believe we are doing everything we should to close the streams
so I don't think there is anything we can do about these.

I guess you can't get down to the native FD and closing the files is postponed until the Finalizer runs.

- src consistent with svn tag, except for the following minor points
   (no regression)
   - line ends of modules/jdbc-pool/resources/MANIFEST.MF differ
     between svn and gz although eol-style is set correctly.

*.MF is not in the list of text file types. I'll fix that in a sec.

OK.

   - the files we copy before building, e.g.
     catalina.properties and jdbc-pool.xml are of course
     not in svn for the cp target location, but they are
     in the src bundles.

I have fixed this for trunk and 7.0.x.

Cool

- JMX MBean-Comparison
   - tldScanTime went up for /docs from 7 to 53 (maybe not significant)
     and for /examples from 275 to 470 (but varies between 280 and 750)

Hmm. getResoureAsStream() again?

As I wrote the times are varying a lot between runs. Retrying with 7.0.27 it seems it is a bit faster, but I only tried a few times and it's not enough for real statistics. I might do some more serious check with lots of starts and stops this evening.

Regards,

Rainer