This is issue c) in Konstantin's comments in TOMCAT-NEXT.txt

The WebappClassLoader currently makes copies of various resources to
work-around various issues. Providing that these copies are internal to
the WebappClassLoader then I do not see this issue as directly affecting
the refactoring of the Resources implementation.

However, if there is scope with a new resources implementation to reduce
/ remove the need for these copies then we should consider it. I think
the approach should be:
- complete the new resources implementation, refactoring
  WebappClassLoader as little as possible
- review the resource copying in WebappClassLoader and see what can be
  removed in light of the new resources implementation
- review what further resources implementation changes could be
  implemented to further reduce / eliminate resource copying.