On 09/09/2012 20:01, Mark Thomas wrote:
> This is issue d) in Konstantin's comments in TOMCAT-NEXT.txt
>
> Konstantin is right to point out the inefficiencies in JarScanner. There
> is no need to scan WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes as the class path
> from the WebappClassLoader already includes them.
>
> However, I think this can be considered separately from the Resources
> implementation. My suggestion is to open a BZ enhancement request for this.
>
> My one comment is that we'll need to be careful to retain the current
> functionality of having the option to scan just WEB-INF or the entire
> class path.

Time for plan B. Already :)

The Virtual[Loader|DirContext] unit tests are proving very useful at
ferreting out edge cases. The JarScanner currently depends on a
consistent URL space under WEB-INF/classes which is no longer the case.

Fixing the consistent URL space issue with the JarScanner is an ideal
opportunity to address the above issue as well. I'll patch trunk and
then port to 7.0.x and the sandbox.