This is only slightly related to Tomcat, in that Servlet 3.1 / JSP 2.3 work is
happening in trunk/8.0. Hence the "OT."

I was looking through the JSRs for EE 7 last night and realized I couldn't find
anything about JSP 2.3 in any of them. I know JSP 2.3 exists because of Mark
Thomas's presentation
(http://people.apache.org/~markt/presentations/2012-10-Apache-Tomcat8-preview.pdf).
 But I cannot find a JSR for it. Is it part of JSR 340 (the Servlet 3.1
specification), or is there a JSR I haven't found yet, or has no JSR been
created yet?

Also, I figured since I couldn't find any information about it on Oracle's site
or the JCP site that it must not be very far along, and yet here it is, on the
Maven central repository (uploaded January 12, 2013), without any indication in
the version that it's beta or milestone or anything of the sort:
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Cjavax.servlet.jsp%7Cjavax.servlet.jsp-api%7C2.3.0%7Cjar

Does anybody know the answer to this?

Nick

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient: (1) you may not disclose, use, distribute, copy or rely
upon this message or attachment(s); and (2) please notify the sender by reply
e-mail, and then delete this message and its attachment(s). Underwriters
Laboratories Inc. and its affiliates disclaim all liability for any errors,
omissions, corruption or virus in this message or any attachments.