On 28/04/2013 14:19, ma...@apache.org wrote:
> Author: markt
> Date: Sun Apr 28 13:19:48 2013
> New Revision: 1476761

> Log:
> Improve logging by naming the Servlet that hasn't stopped.

I'm currently looking at the trunk unit test failures with buildbot. I'm
not at all sure what is going on. The logs suggest threads are getting
stuck for extended periods of time (minutes in some cases) but it always
seems to happen with the same tests.

The delays are too long for GC but they could be swapping related as
buildbot is running on a VM. If that were the case I'd expect to see
more variation in the test failures though.

At the moment I am looking at improving the logging which has the added
benefit of being useful to our users as well.

What I really need is the ability to trigger a thread dump from within
the JVM. While there are ways of doing it, none of them are particularly
simple. I might look into this if the logging doesn't get me anywhere.

Suggestions - and better still help - welcome.