Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tomcat Wiki" for change
notification.

The "ReleaseProcess" page has been changed by markt:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/ReleaseProcess?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

Comment:
Fix formatting. Add remaining sections to complete.

  == Create the tag ==
  The aim is to create a copy of the current trunk but without the "-dev"
appended to the end of the version number.
   * Perform an svn checkout of tc7.0.x/trunk (e.g. to 7.0.x-release)
+  * Edit 7.0.x-release/build.properties and change the line
{{{version.suffix=-dev}}} to {{{version.suffix=}}}
-  * Edit 7.0.x-release/build.properties to remove the "-dev" from the version
number
- {{{
- version.suffix=
- }}}
-  * svn cp . https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_XX
+  * {{{svn cp .
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_XX}}}
   * Check the diff mailed to the dev list
- I found it simplest to keep this checkout with the modified
build.properties.default and just do an svn up prior to each tag. I only used
the checkout for tagging to ensure no other edits found their way into the tag.
+ I found it simplest to keep this checkout with the modified
{{{build.properties.default}}} and just do an {{{svn up}}} prior to each tag. I
only used the checkout for tagging to ensure no other edits found their way
into the tag.

+ == Build the release ==
+
+ TBD